http://www.charteroaktree.com/farmingtongraveyardtour.html

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Is your title bestseller worthy?

Totally stealing this from my writing group friend. She is struggling with a new title for a revitalized WIP. Check it out here. But...in her post she noted the website Lulu Titlescorer. I let it have at Distillation with its magical calculations and it came up 63% likely to be the title of a bestseller. HA! Will someone please tell an agent that.

Try yours out. I love my title and that is one of the secrets I harbor - well it won't be after right now - when and if I get a publisher to want my novel - it will be VERY hard on me if they want to change my title. I feel that everything in my book leads to it and comes from it. But of course, I would be reasonable. (maybe)

So please test out your titles. I hope they score high. Even if it's as accurate as a magic 8 ball - hey its something.

2 comments:

  1. I tried it--my book on sub apparently has a 36% chance of being a bestselling title. Man, I would take those odds. I wouldn't care too much if an editor asked me to change it, as long as we could come up with something I liked just as much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ariel!

    All my possible titles came out at 10%. I'm glad my pet names are more popular. "Maggie" is one of the most popular dog names.

    I've given you the Stylish Blogger Award, come by and pick it up.

    ReplyDelete

People who comment ROCK!